We are pleased to release MIPSfpga Getting Started Guide 2.0 (released July 3rd 2017). Please note that the last release was designated MIPSfpga Getting Started v1.3.
MIPSfpga 2.0 includes additional features and resources, most notably:
- A UART interface for downloading programs to MIPSfpga (see Section 7.4.2 of the MIPSfpga 2.0 Getting Started Guide)
- Updated, smaller boot code (see Section 7.1 of the MIPSfpga 2.0 Getting Started Guide)
- Ability to use printf via MIPSfpga’s fast debug channel (FDC) (see Section 7.2.3 of the MIPSfpga 2.0 Getting Started Guide)
- Expanded labs (see the MIPSfpga Labs package)
- Installation instructions for both Windows (see main instructions) and Linux-based systems (see Appendix F of the MIPSfpga 2.0 Getting Started Guide)
- Both Verilog and VHDL versions of system-level modules
Important: MIPSfpga 2.0 works with Codescape 2016.05-03 or later and OpenOCD 0.10.0. If you have previous versions of Codescape or OpenOCD installed on your machine, you must uninstall your existing version of Codescape and OpenOCD and then reinstall them using the OpenOCD-0.10.0-img-Installer.exe installer (see Appendix D of the MIPSfpga 2.0 Getting Started Guide).
When installing tools, be sure to disable anti-virus software.
Please Register or login to download MIPSfpga Getting Started Guide 2.0.