Imagination Technologies SGX DDK for Linux?

Home Forums Creator Platforms Imagination Technologies SGX DDK for Linux?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ZubairLK 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

ZubairLK
    Participant

Hi Andrey,

pastebin.com is a nice little tool to share such logs.

I don’t think the error is in drm/kms/fb side. They output those messages if init fails.

If you wish, disable those drivers and try booting. Those errors will disappear and init will fail.

Could you check passing the bootargs init=/bin/sh

This runs the shell rather than the full init. It can be useful in debugging certain cases.

Also, in the bootargs mem=256M@0x0 mem=768M@0x30000000
    remove the 768M part and leave the 256M part. This disables highmem.

Also in bootargs. Add nosmp. This disables dual core.

Disabling these just narrows down the focus.

The rootfs you are using. Is it the one you made yourself or the Ci20 default tarball?

Could you try once with using the Ci20 default tarball so we can be ok about the kernel/sd card.

Regards,
    ZubairLK

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

Thank you. You are right. This is problem with binaries in my rootfs. So I think it is code generation problem.

The Debian rootfs2015-01-15_16_49_47.tar works because all binaries was created for MIPS-II architecture.

So I’m going to find my issues in toolchain.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

I have found root cause if issue. If we use -O3 optimization for glibc-2.21 then we have ‘Segmentation fault’ in all binaries which linked with that Libc.

This issue related to binutils-2.25 + gcc-4.9.2 + glibc-2.21.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

I have rebuilt my root file systems. Now ci20-3.0.8 and ci20-3.18.3 kernels work. Next step is drivers.

Thank you for support.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

SGX DDK including user space binaries are working properly on my system. But for building X.org, Qt, and other stuff which use EGL I need the header files. Could you please suggest me the package or repository where I can take header files (and probably pkg-config .pc files) for development.

I see that Native_SDK-3.5 has header files https://github.com/powervr-graphics/Native_SDK/tree/3.5/Builds/Include.

Please advice can I use these headers and which of them needed for UM libraries version 1.13.3341330 ? May be not all headers really needed for development.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

ZubairLK
    Participant

Hi,

Some headers can also be found here

https://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/#headers2

For headers specific to Xorg, I would suggest checking out the -dev packages of Debian.
    As the Xorg is based on that. Those headers should work.
    e.g. This package and its dependencies perhaps..

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/xserver-xorg-dev

Regards,
    ZubairLK

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

Thank you. I will check that when I will make some examples on the board.
    Currently I have taken headers from Native_SDK and with little patch related to MESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS required for Qt5 I have built Q5 with EGL/GLESv2 in my cross environment. Probably I will test headers when I will try to build examples from mesa-demo packages on the board.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

I would like to say that you support is very nice! I have managed to build whole image and all Imagination examples works fine. Of course there is some problems with Qt5 but I think all of them will be fixed when I tune Qt5 configuration. (Qt4 works fine with GLESv2 but Qt5 examples doesn’t work with GLESv2. Probably this issues related to -O3 optimization.)

Anyway your support is the best.

I think in gcc-4.9.4 all issues related to MIPS architecture will be fixed and you new drivers with new kernel 3.18.3 will work without any problems.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

All problems related only -O3 optimization. Qt5 works fine only if our optimization flag is -O2 !!!

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

Is there libflashplayer.so for MIPS Creator CI20?

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

ZubairLK
    Participant

Hi Andrey,

Thank-you for the commendation and support on the creator forums.

Regarding libflashplayer.so. There was a MIPS tablet based on jz4770 which is quite close to jz4780 on the Ci20.

If you google “libflashplayer.so mips” you would find some links to download them.

But I haven’t used flash myself. So cannot comment any further on details.

Regards,
    ZubairLK

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

Unfortunately all tablets running with Android where Chrome browser already contains flash player. I spent two days for internet browsing and didn’t found libflashplayer.so exactly for mips32r2 built with -mplt. (libflashplayer.so for mips32 doesn’t work).
    If you happen to find the libflashplayer.so (exactly for mips32r2), I’ll be very grateful.

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

Andrey Kosteltsev
    Participant

Hi Zubair,

Today I decide to port my Linux distribution to new kernel and new drivers (1.14.3759903). I spend two hours for integration and 3 hours for the building process. So, I want to say a lot of thanks for your support. Almost all works fine.

There are some problems with some Qt5 examples (but web gl examples [http://threejs.org/examples/] works fine) and also there are some problems with user permissions (from root almost all works fine).

If you interest with my work you can create the boot SD image and test my Linux. It is very simple:
    $ wget ftp://ftp.radix.pro/radix/platform/releases/1.0-271/jz47xx-glibc/ci20/ci20.boot-records
    $ wget ftp://ftp.radix.pro/radix/platform/releases/1.0-271/jz47xx-glibc/ci20/ci20.ext4fs

$ cat ci20.boot-records ci20.ext4fs > SD.image
    $ dd if=SD.image of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512k

The rest of SD space you can give to second partition by fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

first login by root doesn’t require password. Network still starts by hand:

# ifconfig eth0 up
    # dhcpcd eth0

or you can start wpa_supplicant:

# /usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -Dnl80211 -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    # dhcpcd wlan0

WindowMaker:

# cp /etc/X11/init/xinitrc.wmaker ~/.xinitrs
    # startx

Qt examples you can find in /usr/lib/qt5/examples.

If you will have time please answer: how to set right permissions to be able work with PoverVR as non privileged user?

Best Regards,
    Andrey K.

ZubairLK
    Participant

Hi,

Good to know that it was a smooth process.

Regarding permissions. I would recommend checking the user/groups/permissions settings in the Debian 8 rootfs and compare it with the ones you have in your distribution. That should give a clue regarding which permissions aren’t correctly configured.

Regards,
    ZubairLK

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.