Unable to connect MInimorph to the host

Home Forums MIPS Insider Meta Insider Unable to connect MInimorph to the host

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sean 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Sean

From your transcript, it looks like your board has been resetting. This is commonly because the USB port is not bale to supply enough current.

As I and my colleague have suggested, I think that some of your issues can be resolved by using an external 5v PSU (Power Supply Unit) rather than powering the Minimorph using USB.

I will email you directly about sourcing this.

Sean,

Did you receive my email? I have not got a response and want to make sure it got through ok.

Sean.

renee

Sorry, I missed your emial yesterday. I have replied it now. Check it please.

Sean

I have got your reply – thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t caught in a spam filter.

renee

I am sure there is no metal attachment of my board, in addition. Do you think there is anything related with the insert of the SD card? I found, the log shows its boot mode : SD card. Thus, I thought the board is trying to boot via the SD card and found it is not possible. Another thing I find is , the booting always stack at “sending discover…” stadge, it shows about three or fout times of “sending discover…” and start from the begainning again.

renee

The latter situation only appens when it establish the connection successfully in the end. (“sending discover…” situation)

Sean

Sure, it’s all pointing to the USB not being able to supply enough power. It’s ok on most powered hubs bit it looks like what you’ve got the USB plugged into can’t supply the required power.

This will be resolved with an external 5v power supply.

Regards,

Sean.

renee

Thank you for your information. Waiting for the PSU then.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.