The Explorer 16 Development Board is a low-cost modular development system for Microchip’s 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers. It supports devices from the PIC24, dsPIC and PIC32 families. A variety of families are supported with processor Plug-In Modules (PIMs) for easy device swapping. The board includes a PICtail Plus daughter card connector for expansion boards including USB, CAN, Ethernet, wireless, graphics and many more. Coupled with the MPLAB ICD 3 In Circuit Debugger or MPLAB REAL ICE, real-time emulation and debug facilities speed evaluation and prototyping of application circuitry.
MIPS-based Microchip PIC32 features and benefits
Microchip’s 32-bit portfolio with the MIPS® processors offers high performance microcontrollers, and all the tools needed to develop your embedded project. With free software, low cost development tools, and pin/peripheral compatibility from 16-bit product lines, PIC32 MCUs shorten time to market and allow your designs to grow. PIC32 gives your application the processing power, memory and peripherals your design needs.
Explorer 16 Development Board features
- Includes processor PIMs for both PIC24 and dsPIC families
- Alpha-numeric 16 x 2 LCD display
- Interfaces to MPLAB ICD 3, MPLAB REAL ICE and RS-232
- Includes Microchip’s TC1047A high accuracy, analog output temperature sensor
- Expansion connector to access full devices pin-out and bread board prototyping area
- PICTailTM Plus connector for expansion boards
- Full documentation in download section below: user’s guide, schematics and PWB layout