A NEW APPROACH TO TEACHING MICROCONTROLLERS & IoT SYSTEMS！
Electronics “EE” students study and use microcontrollers (“MCUs”) early in their courses. Sadly these classes are often out-of-date, dominated by 8 bit devices, in particular the venerable 8051. Yet, it is well understood that when these students move into industry, the dominant MCU architectures will all be 32 bit.
FREE HARDWARE & TEACHING MATERIALS FOR PARTICIPANTS!
The Connected Microcontroller (MCU) Lab is a semester-long course that provides everything you need to teach the basics of modern MCUs and to create an IoT system for your undergraduates. It’s the starting point, taking students through the basic microcontroller and I/O features, through real-time operating system concepts and advanced processor architecture, and finally into the principles of cloud connectivity. Using the open-source Creator IoT Framework, students can look at data in the cloud and remotely access the MCU node. Students taking this course will be empowered to develop their own projects and deepen their understanding.
The platform is the Digilent chipKIT™ Wi-FIRE board that uses the Microchip the PIC32 MCU. It’s powerful, with excellent expansion and connectivity. This is the right kind of hardware for repeated lab-use, and for student projects. The software tools are Microchip’s MPLAB X IDE: free to download, well documented, and fully supported. The teaching materials are provided in editable formats to facilitate adaptation, available now in English and soon in Chinese, Russian and Spanish. More details here
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a “Train the Trainer” event. If you teach MCUs this workshop will help you greatly! It’s also open to post-grads who are building projects, but places are limited.
Give us a day of your time and we will equip you well: the materials you need and how to use them, and for all teachers who complete the training, a complete set of hardware to take away!
- 北京西郊宾馆第六会议室 北京海淀区王庄路 18号 /2017 年 3 月 30日
- 9:00 – 9:15 Imagination大学计划简介(IUP)
- 9:15 – 10:00 互联微控制器实验室简介（课程目标，适用范围，方法，定制化；课程及平台概览）；动手实验一 （开发工具的安装和调试；基本I/O 端口：让LED灯闪烁）
- 10:00 – 11:00 软件概述，动手实验二（使用MPLAB X IDE 调试程序）
- 11:00 – 11:15 休息
- 11:15 – 11:45 基本外设，端口I/O介绍，动手实验三（LED扫描和开关读取）
- 11:45 – 12:30 基本并发和中断介绍，动手实验四（基本的并发性，状态机和中断）
- 12:30 – 13:30 中餐（酒店）
- 13:45 -14:15 模拟接口介绍
- 14:15 – 15:30 定时器外设，串行通讯外设简介，动手实验五（带延时定时器的LED扫描器，带定时器/OC/ADC的LED调光，SPI OLED显示）
- 15:30 – 16:00 休息
- 16:00 – 17:15 其他外设以及Ardunio接口，高级并发处理介绍，动手实验六（使用RTOS功能 (用基础 I/O shield板)，创建Creator 物联网架构）
- 17:15 -17:30 总结，如何获取教学资源，实验平台及技术支持，问答环节
- 17:30 培训结束
- 王炳立 Imagination 高级技术方案工程师
- 石朝林 微芯应用工程师经理
- 李域 微芯高级应用工程师
These workshops are free of charge for members of academia but places are limited and demand will be strong, so please apply for your place quickly. Please do not apply if you are not sure you can attend.
- Free of charge for members of academia
- Open to academic faculty members, with a priority for those involved directly in teaching.
- If over-booked, we reserve the right to accept or refuse registrations based on our desire to enable the widest number of universities and colleges to participate
- Prior experience of C programming or Microchip’s MPLAB X is useful but not essential
- Participants should download and install [MPLAB X] on their laptops ahead of the workshop
Find out about the Imagination University Programme
For more information or enquiries, please visit our University Programme Page or IUP Forum.The IUP Team will be on-hand to discuss your interests. To stay in touch, please register for the Imagination University Programme here
You are invited to please circulate this workshop to academic friends and colleagues…